When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Sleep Pillow
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Pillow
Construction Layla Sleep Pillow
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Sleep Pillow
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Sleep Pillow
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Pillow
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Pillow
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Pillow
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Pillow