When you can’t determine whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Sleep Sherpa
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Sherpa
Construction Layla Sleep Sherpa
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Sleep Sherpa
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Sleep Sherpa
When in use, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Sleep Sherpa
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Sherpa
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Sherpa
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This allows you to have a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Sherpa