If you can’t choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Sleep Shirt
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Shirt
Construction Layla Sleep Shirt
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Sleep Shirt
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Sleep Shirt
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Sleep Shirt
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and once sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Shirt
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Shirt
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Shirt