When you can not choose whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Sleep Topper
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Topper
Construction Layla Sleep Topper
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Sleep Topper
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Topper
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Sleep Topper
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Topper
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Topper
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Topper