When you can not choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a bit more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Sleep
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Construction Layla Sleep
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Sleep
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep