If you can not decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Sleepopolis
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Construction Layla Sleepopolis
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Sleepopolis
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Sleepopolis
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Sleepopolis
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleepopolis
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleepopolis