If you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a little more support for your back and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Sleepwear
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Construction Layla Sleepwear
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Sleepwear
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleepwear
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleepwear
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleepwear
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to have a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleepwear