If you can not decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with a bit more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Vs Lull Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Vs Lull Mattress
Construction Layla Vs Lull Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Vs Lull Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Vs Lull Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Vs Lull Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Vs Lull Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Vs Lull Mattress
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Vs Lull Mattress