When you can not decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Vs Nectar Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Vs Nectar Mattress
Construction Layla Vs Nectar Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Vs Nectar Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Vs Nectar Mattress
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial element to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Vs Nectar Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and once sent usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Vs Nectar Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only given to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Vs Nectar Mattress
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Vs Nectar Mattress