When you can not choose whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a bit more support for your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Vs Saatva Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Vs Saatva Mattress
Construction Layla Vs Saatva Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Vs Saatva Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Vs Saatva Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Vs Saatva Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Vs Saatva Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Vs Saatva Mattress
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Vs Saatva Mattress