When you can’t choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support for your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Vs Sleep Number
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Vs Sleep Number
Construction Layla Vs Sleep Number
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Vs Sleep Number
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Vs Sleep Number
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Vs Sleep Number
This is a genuine foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Vs Sleep Number
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Vs Sleep Number
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Vs Sleep Number