When you can’t choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with a bit more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress
Construction Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Vs Tomorrow Mattress