If you can not decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with a bit more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Leesa Vs Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Leesa Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Leesa Vs Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Leesa Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Leesa Vs Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Leesa Vs Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and once sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Leesa Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Leesa Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Leesa Vs Layla Mattress