If you can not choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Mattress Layaway
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Construction Mattress Layaway
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Mattress Layaway
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Mattress Layaway
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
This is a true foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Mattress Layaway
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only given to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Mattress Layaway
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Mattress Layaway