When you can not choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Nectar Vs Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Nectar Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Nectar Vs Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Nectar Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Nectar Vs Layla Mattress
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Nectar Vs Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Nectar Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Nectar Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Nectar Vs Layla Mattress