When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. New Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
New Layla Mattress
Construction New Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: New Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. New Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
New Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. New Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress New Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. New Layla Mattress