If you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Nolah Vs Layla Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Nolah Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Nolah Vs Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Nolah Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Nolah Vs Layla Mattress
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Nolah Vs Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Nolah Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Nolah Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Nolah Vs Layla Mattress