When you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a bit more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Puffy Vs Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Puffy Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Puffy Vs Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Puffy Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Puffy Vs Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Puffy Vs Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Puffy Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Puffy Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to have a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Puffy Vs Layla Mattress