When you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Purple Vs Layla Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Purple Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Purple Vs Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Purple Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Purple Vs Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Purple Vs Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and once sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Purple Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Purple Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Purple Vs Layla Mattress