If you can’t choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Review Of Layla Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Review Of Layla Mattress
Construction Review Of Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Review Of Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Review Of Layla Mattress
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Review Of Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Review Of Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively offered to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the choice to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Review Of Layla Mattress
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Review Of Layla Mattress