When you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
Construction Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This allows you to have a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress