When you can not choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with more support on your hips and back. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Sleep Judge Layla
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Sleep Judge Layla
Construction Sleep Judge Layla
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Sleep Judge Layla
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Sleep Judge Layla
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Sleep Judge Layla
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Sleep Judge Layla
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Sleep Judge Layla
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Sleep Judge Layla