When you can not choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Tempurpedic Vs Layla Mattress