When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. The Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
The Layla Mattress
Construction The Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: The Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. The Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
The Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. The Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress The Layla Mattress
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. The Layla Mattress