When you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with a bit more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Where To Try Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Where To Try Layla Mattress
Construction Where To Try Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Where To Try Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Where To Try Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Where To Try Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Where To Try Layla Mattress
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the choice to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Where To Try Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Where To Try Layla Mattress