If you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a little more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Who Makes Layla Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Who Makes Layla Mattress
Construction Who Makes Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Who Makes Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Who Makes Layla Mattress
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Who Makes Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Who Makes Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Who Makes Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Who Makes Layla Mattress